Sunday 30 April 2017

More Amigurumi crochet - Meet Tufty.

I have been trying to extend my crochet skills and understanding of patterns whilst I am off work recuperating from a hip operation.
This it Tufty who is about 3 inches high and even though the beak looks a little wonky, I am quite pleased with how she turned out.

I learnt a lot about shaping to create the wings and main body shape.
It did start to get a little bit fiddly as I needed to decrease towards the top of the head to then shape the top and beak.  I did really enjoy watching his little character take shape and I definitely want to make a much bigger version with more colour.

I found this tutorial on Youtube and then added the wings from another pattern and the tufts because I felt the head lacked a little something.

I am now in the process of learning the shell stitch so I shall post that once I have something to show.
Take care and keep smiling.
xx

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Super cute ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...